Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Thanks Dad!


The visiting teaching message this month is called Under the Priesthood and after the Pattern of the Priesthood. I truly am grateful for and know that this church could not operate without the Priesthood, but I think I tend to take that for granted sometimes.

Julie B. Beck, Relief Society general president, explained: “We operate in the manner of the priesthood—which means that we seek, receive, and act on revelation; make decisions in councils; and concern ourselves with caring for individuals one by one. Ours is the priesthood purpose to prepare ourselves for the blessings of eternal life by making and keeping covenants. Therefore, like our brethren who hold the priesthood, ours is a work of salvation, service, and becoming a holy people.”

I love this statement!!! Many times when I am not feeling great I want to serve or care for others around me because it is the only thing that makes me feel good. When it comes to the Priesthood I think that men can use this power in serving in the same way we women serve and nurture others. I am so grateful for blessings right now and the words of counsel I am able to receive from priesthood holders. I think as we follow the words of counsel in a blessing we, as Relief Society Sisters, show that we sustain, support, and cherish this power in our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment