Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Looking Forward

It is always fun to have things to look forward to! I am looking forward to several things right now which include Spring, Summertime (I know I shouldn't be jumping ahead, but I want heat), a vacation to Southern California, General Conference (it is my favorite holiday, yes it's a holiday) Easter, and just the future in general. While I was thinking about the future or things to look forward to I realized that there is one thing we should all look forward to...

The Second Coming! What an exciting, peaceful, hopeful, merciful, and happy thing. Sometimes I feel like I miss my Savior so much I can't handle it. I am not saying I am perfect, but I have faith that through my Savior I can be a better person.

The key is preparation. When I prepare for anything in life and I mean really prepare I feel confident and not fearful about the end result. It does take a lifetime of preparation to prepare for such an event, but it is so worth it!!!

I love the words of a familiar primary song, "I wonder when He comes again..." specifically, "Each day I'll try to do His will and let my light so shine that others seeing me may seek for greater light divine. Then when that blessed day is here, He'll love me and He'll say, "You've served me well my little child; come unto my arms to stay."

No comments:

Post a Comment