Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!


My Dad is the best! He is not perfect, but he has improved himself with time! I love that he is such a people person and genuinely cares about those around him just as the Savior does. In fact he decided to go on a trip with his Father and take him to all the sites he grew up with so we have to wait to celebrate Father's Day with him. Other reasons why he is great:

-He does his Home teaching and fulfills his callings in a Christlike manner
-Whenever a new neighbor moves in he is among the first to visit and write a bio with their family information, give them neighbor info, & introduce them to others (this is not a calling).
-He knows things about people that most don't, like what their job is, what they may be struggling with, birthdays, or interesting little tidbits.
-He is always willing to give blessings to people
-He is a great writer, especially when it comes to our family newsletter
And the list could go on and on!

Ultimately our best example is our Father in Heaven. I love him and want to do as this scripture says, "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." While I cannot be perfect right now, I can improve over time just as my Dad has and hopefully one day be as perfect as my Father in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment