Friday, June 10, 2011

Thoughts

This morning as I was laying in bed waking up and my thoughts made a connection. So many of my worries and fears would be solved if I always remembered HIM! I thought of Doctrine and Covenants 6:36 "Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not."

Thinking of Him, having faith, not doubting or fearing are all connected. I recall the first memorable experience on my mission. We got a request for the DVD "Finding Faith in Jesus Christ" and went to deliver it in Kansas City, Kansas. When we knocked on the door we met a man that was crying. I vividly remember feeling instant love for him. He said that his wife had just passed away. While he was in the hospital with his wife he was taking a nap and remembers being awakened by the TV and saw a commercial from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints for the DVD. He said he had nothing left and figured he needed to find faith in Jesus Christ.

We gave him the DVD, shared insights about the Plan of Salvation and all three of us wept together. That experience taught me that when we have nothing left, are doubtful, fearful, and our thoughts feel hopeless we can change our thoughts and think of our Savior Jesus Christ. Things will not be instantly solved, but we will be strengthened.

No comments:

Post a Comment