Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Joy in the Journey


If there is anything I have learned in life it is attitude determines the outcome! So many times I have met people that are negative, pessimistic, or just angry when they don't need to be. I always remember a Humanities teacher saying "Happiness is not a destination, it is a decision." I love that!

Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family. One day each of us will run out of tomorrows.-President Monson

Why do any of us have to be so mean and unkind to others? Why can’t all of us reach out in friendship to everyone about us? Why is there so much bitterness and animosity? It is not a part of the gospel of Jesus Christ.-President Hinckley

I recently went on a few dates, two in particular were night and day. The first guy was the most prideful, arrogant, and money obsessed man I have ever met. I was instantly turned away because of his attitude towards others. The other guy was one of the most humble I have met...he talked about his family a lot, did not say a single mean or negative thing and was just optimistic about everything.

I don't think any of us wants to be around negative people. I guess that is also why I like "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade."

No comments:

Post a Comment