Monday, June 27, 2011

Wrestling


Lately my prayers have been like Alma's..."Nevertheless Alma labored much in the spirit, wrestling with God in mighty prayer, that he would pour out his Spirit upon the people who were in the city; that he would also grant that he might baptize them unto repentance."

They have especially been like the prayer of Enos..."And my soul hungered; and I kneeled down before my Maker, and I cried unto him in mighty prayer and supplication for mine own soul; and all the day long did I cry unto him; yea, and when the night came I did still raise my voice high that it reached the heavens."

I have never understood the adjectives of hunger, labor, wrestling, and pleading when it comes to praying. Up until recently I don't believe I could have said that I had ever wrestled in my prayers. The miracle in these words is God is listening. My prayers are answered, sometimes in very small ways, sometimes years later. The picture above was a recent answer to one of my prayers.

I can't say I enjoy pleading, wrestling, and laboring in my prayers, but I do know that anything I have ever put all the energy of my heart into I never regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment