Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My Favorite Hymns


"We get nearer to the Lord through music than perhaps through any other thing except prayer."
-- President J. Reuben Clark Jr., in Conference Report, Oct. 1936, 111

I have been moved a lot by music lately. Some words that have touched me are from the hymn, "I know that My Redeemer Lives." When I was younger it fascinated me that I might one day get a mansion, but now the words that touch me are right before and after that. "He lives, and I shall conquer death. He lives my mansion to prepare. He lives to bring me safely there." I will only conquer death and make it back to Him because He made it possible! I also love that he wants to bring me safely there. That makes me feel like he doesn't criticize me for my sins/mistakes, that when I go through trials he wants to strenghen me, and that He loves me so much he cares about my safety.

Other hymns I have always loved:
1-I need thee every hour
2-More Holiness give me
3-Redeemer of Israel
4-Be thou humble
5-Teach me to walk
6-O my Father
7-Let the Holy Spirit Guide
8-Lead Kindly Light
9-I Stand All Amazed

And my favorite Children's Hymn: I know that my Savior loves me

No comments:

Post a Comment