Monday, December 20, 2010

Be of Good Cheer


Life is hard and it just seems like it is getting harder. That being said, there is so much to look forward to or there is someone that helps us through the hard times.

I started reading 3rd Nephi this morning and felt EXACTLY as Nephi did. I have been traveling for the last two days and have felt every emotion, been out of my comfort zone, and had my testimony of Christ strengthened because of all of this. I felt completely surrounded by wickedness, yet the Lord's words to Nephi filled my soul with the spirit of peace.

He (the Lord) said, "Lift up your head and be of good cheer; for behold, the time is at hand, and on this night shall the sign be given, and on the morrow come I into the world, to show unto the world that I will fulfill all that which I have caused to be spoken by the mouth of my holy prophets (3rd Nephi 1:13)."

Recently the Provo Tabernacle burned down and they pulled a painting from among the ruins. This is pictured above. It illustrated to me that although things may get harder and we will have to go through a purifying(burning) process, Christ is there and is the ONLY one who has saved us! Words cannot express my feelings of gratitude towards the Savior for His sacrifice for me. When I am not at peace I simply must turn to Him for that peace and trust!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, my friend. We simply need to turn to Him. I remember I was told once in a blessing amongst the stresses of my thesis writing that I would look back on all that I had been through and that I would realize that it was HE that carried me. That His power helped me to get through it all. I sometimes do that now and reflect upon hard times...grateful that He does carry me and give me the peace I need.

    I love you, sweet friend. Turn to Him. And turn to me too cause I am here for ya!

    ReplyDelete