Monday, December 13, 2010

Friendship


I have some pretty great friends, but recently I have been blessed with a very special friend. Many of you know I have just brothers and have always wanted a sister or a friend so close I could share everything with. It made me think of a scripture in Proverbs that says, "A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity (Proverbs 17:17)." Don't get me wrong, I love my brothers, they just are not like girls and thank goodness!

This special friend can best be summed up by this quote..."Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.” This person is not judgemental, patient, speaks kind and soft, has overcome more then anyone I know, and is always giving. Does this remind you of someone from the scriptures?

I only wish that everyone had a friend like this. It just seems like there are so many mean, judgemental, or selfish people these days. Wish we could all do what Matthew 16:25 says..."For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it."

1 comment:

  1. I have a friend just like this, btw... :)
    Sure love and appreciate you so much! SO grateful for your friendship and your example to me...you are the best!

    ReplyDelete