Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Gift of Working Miracles


On Sunday we had an amazing Relief Society lesson about gifts of the spirit. The teacher asked us to study about two of the gifts, either ones we possessed or wanted. I have always wanted or thought a lot about the gift of working miracles, in my life and helping others. However upon further study I was truly humbled.

I looked up a scripture in Doctrine and Covenants 24:13-14 and the parts that stood out to me were..."Require not miracles except I shall command you...And these things ye shall not do except it be required of you by them who desire it." I further read in Matt 17:20..."If ye have faith as a grain of a mustard seed...nothing shall be impossible unto you."

So essentially I am thinking, "Wow, I have been selfish and wanted to have miracles in my life for all the wrong reasons." That was reaffirmed this morning in my scripture study this morning when reading about the signs and miracles that Samuel the Prophet was telling the people of for the coming of Christ. It says,"Many shall see greater things than these, to the intent that they might believe that these signs and wonders should come to pass upon all the face of this land, to the intent that there should be no cause for unbelief among the children of men (Helaman 14:28)"

So the purpose of Miracles...all about believing in Christ and bringing people unto him!

No comments:

Post a Comment