Saturday, December 25, 2010

Count your blessings instead of sheep!


I hit a rock bottom low this week and nothing really helped. However when I started thinking about the gospel it all came down to gratitude. I have written about gratitude before and know that having gratitude helps with every aspect in our lives, plus we are commanded to have gratitude. I think we are commanded because it takes the focus off ourselves.

I was watching White Christmas this morning and realized that Christmas is all about gratitude. Gratitude for our Savior, lives, families, jobs, etc... I thought of this when Bing Crosby was singing about counting his blessings instead of sheep. If you haven't heard the song or watched the movie its a great one to listen to.

In Mosiah we read "Oh how we ought to thank our Heavenly King...If you should render all the thanks and praise which your whole soul has power to posses...I say, if ye should serve him with all your whole souls yet ye would be unprofitable servants(Mosiah 2:19-21)." I know I do not always thank my Heavenly Father and need to do better. Maybe next time I am struggling I should start writing down all that I am grateful for right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment