Friday, May 27, 2011

Bees and Honey

Recently I was talking with a girl who was very angry, using vulgar language, and was pretty much out of control (and no, I was not at work). Luckily her anger was not directed towards me. I asked her if she had ever heard the saying "You win more bees with honey than with vinegar?" She instantly calmed down and realized she would not get what she wanted or needed unless she was sweet.

Kindness is very important to me and I try my hardest to be kind to all I come in contact with. I love and miss Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin, whom I considered one of the most humble and kind people I know. He said, "Kindness is the essence of greatness and the fundamental characteristic of the noblest men and women I have known. Kindness is a passport that opens doors and fashions friends. It softens hearts and molds relationships that can last lifetimes...If you are criticizing others, you are weakening the Church. If you are building others, you are building the kingdom of God. As Heavenly Father is kind, we also should be kind to others." The Virtue of Kindness-April 2005 General Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment