Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Gospel Knowledge


Since I can remember I have wanted to be a Scripture Master! This is a very hard task to accomplish when you are horrible at memorizing. I heard that President Monson memorized the chapter headings so he would at least know were something was located. I am guessing he now knows most of the scriptures like the back of his hand.

President Spencer W. Kimball commented:
“Spiritual learning takes precedence. The secular
without the foundation of the spiritual is . . . like
the foam upon the milk,
the fleeting shadow. . . .
One need not choose between the two . . . for there
is opportunity to get both simultaneously” (The
Teachings of Spencer W. Kimball, . . . p. 390).

So while I have been bad at memorizing I have found that reading, listening, and studying my scriptures and the words of general authorities everyday something miraculous has occurred! I am remembering, not necessarily word for word, but enough information I could tell you were something is or who said it!

President Joseph F. Smith said:
“The greatest achievement mankind can make in
this world is to familiarize themselves with divine
truth, so thoroughly, so perfectly, that the example
or conduct of no creature living in the world can
ever turn them away from the knowledge that they
have obtained." AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment