Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I forgot!


Sometimes priorities need to be realigned. You have all heard the analogy of the jar full of bubble gum and salt. If you put the salt in first the bubble gum does not fit, but if you put the gum balls in first and pour the salt in, viola! I apply this analogy to the quotes below...

"True doctrine, understood, changes attitudes and behavior. The study of the doctrines of the gospel will improve behavior quicker than a study of behavior will improve behavior. Preoccupation with unworthy behavior can lead to unworthy behavior. That is why we stress so forcefully the doctrines of the gospel." -Elder Boyd K. Packer

This quote applies because I tend to forget that everything will work out if I put the doctrines of the gospel or the Savior first. If I really understand the doctrines of the gospel there is no need to worry.

"When we put God first, things fall into their proper place or drop out of our lives. Our love of the Lord will govern the claims for our affection, the demands on our time, the interests we pursue, and the order of our priorities." -President Benson

I learned a great lesson tonight about remembering or prioritizing. I KNOW that everything will fall into place if I put the Lord and His teachings first in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment