Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My Character


I have been impressed lately that I need to improve myself. In that process, since we all know it doesn't happen in a day, I have been reading some of Elder Scott's talks from Conference. It also helps that I am teaching Relief Society later this month on his talk called "The Transforming Power of Faith and Character."

I appreciate these thoughts...

"We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become each day. Righteous character is a precious manifestation of what you are becoming.

Strong moral character results from consistent correct choices in the trials and testing of life. Such choices are made with trust in things that are believed and when acted upon are confirmed.

You cannot be passive in life, or in time the natural man will undermine your efforts to live worthily. You become what you do and what you think about.

If you have determined to live righteously, don’t become discouraged. Life may seem difficult now, but hold on tightly to that iron rod of truth. You are making better progress than you realize. Your struggles are defining character, discipline, and confidence in the promises of your Father in Heaven and the Savior as you consistently obey Their commandments."

Recently someone asked me what the 3 most important things to me in life were. Hopefully my first two are similar to yours, which are: 1-Religion (this includes my faith, The Godhead, principles of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, etc). 2-My Family. My third answer is the legacy/character that I leave behind for my posterity or simply put my example. Since I was little I have been trying to be better. As a child I can remember being imperfect in so many areas. I hated it when I wouldn't please my parents all of the time. I just have to keep reminding myself that Heavenly Father is patient with me and eventually I will get the point:) I can become more like HIM!


On a side note, Elder Scott said this in his recent talk from April conference,
"If you want to have a wonderful wife, you need to have her see you as a wonderful man and prospective husband." I think same goes for women!

No comments:

Post a Comment