Friday, May 13, 2011

Who, What, Where, When, Why?

Have you ever struggled with these questions when it comes to donating money to a charitable organization? There are so many good causes out there to choose from. I have to laugh because I immediately think of a friend I had while living in Alaska who used to throw change out her car window to the homeless. That is why I have always been so appreciative about fast offerings.

What is the difference between fast offerings and donating to all the causes out there???

President Marion G. Romney said, "Many programs have been set up by well-meaning individuals to aid those who are in need. However, many of these programs are designed with the shortsighted objective of ‘helping people,’ as opposed to ‘helping people help themselves.’"

When I heard this it was like a light bulb had turned on above my head and all the guilty feelings of not donating in the past were gone.

Elder H. David Burton said in this last conference, "The work of caring for one another and being “kind to the poor” is a sanctifying work, commanded of the Father and divinely designed to bless, refine, and exalt His children." What a great work we are commanded to do. I have a testimony of the many blessings that come from paying my tithes and offerings.

No comments:

Post a Comment