Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Families are like Old Quilts...

I have been thinking a lot about family and how much it is under attack. It needs to be protected! Last year I read an article called "Teaching the Doctrine of the Family" that was originally broadcast to Seminary and Institute teachers. Sister Julie Beck has shared these same thoughts in many other circumstances since this broadcast in 2009. I have been able to hear her talk about this subject at Women's Conference, General Conference, and at a fireside I went to last year.

Some of her thoughts I liked are:

"Public policies are being made every day that are antifamily...There are media messages everywhere that are antifamily...Korihor was an anti-Christ. Anti-Christ is anti-family. Any doctrine our youth hear from the world that is antifamily is also anti-Christ. It's that clear. They need to know if it's antifamily, it's anti-Christ. An anti-Christ is antifamily...This generation will be called upon to defend the doctrine of the family as never before in the history of the world."

I love my family so much and am grateful for their influence in my life. I know my family is not perfect, maybe that's why I like the above quote, but it's nice to realize we are all working on becoming better. What are we all working on? I think our ultimate goals can be found here http://lds.org/study/topics/family?lang=eng&query=proclamation+family

Our family pictures may have changed through the years, but we love each other more and I think we have also become better looking;-) Sorry about the glare on some of them, but hope you enjoy nonetheless.









No comments:

Post a Comment