Friday, November 5, 2010

A Consecrated Life


I am always trying to be a better person. Consecration is a big thing for me that is probably why Elder Christofferson's talk from this last conference touched me. I think it is interesting that when I am trying to study and pray about ways to improve myself I hear this talk.

To quote him, "I would like to consider with you five of the elements of a consecrated life: purity, work, respect for one’s physical body, service, and integrity."

I encourage anyone reading this to go and study these five elements themselves. Besides the Savior himself I think of the lives the pioneers led. To me they were the epitome of consecration.

I also liked what he said in his closing remarks:
"A consecrated life is a beautiful thing. Its strength and serenity are “as a very fruitful tree which is planted in a goodly land, by a pure stream, that yieldeth much precious fruit” (D&C 97:9)."

1 comment:

  1. I love that talk. I recently read it since it is the subject for an upcoming sacrament meeting this month and the choir will be singing. Very good.

    ReplyDelete