Friday, November 26, 2010

Stuff or Family?


So I was going to talk about Black Friday and had some really good observations, analogy's, and parables to the gospel, but something else is pressing on my mind.

Parenting has been in my thoughts. I know weird, but I cannot shake these feelings. I feel that it is soooooo important for a mom to stay at home and teach her kids the things of the gospel so that they can be a competent adult and strong in the world by learning the teachings of Jesus Christ and his gospel. I remember distinctly hearing this scripture in seminary many years ago...

“And again, inasmuch as parents have children in Zion, or in any of her stakes which are organized, that teach them not to understand the doctrine of repentance, faith in Christ the Son of the living God, and of baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of the hands, when eight years old, the sin be upon the heads of the parents(D&C 68:25)."

That is a pretty big job if you ask me, yet what is more important then being a parent? You can't possible think a job or things top people. This whole gospel is centered around the family, so why are so many people dropping the ball? I am glad to have some good examples to look to. The best one, God the Father and him sacrificing his Son for us!

1 comment:

  1. I loved loved loved this post! Especially since we talked about this very thing the other day. It's nice to see that there are other people that have the right ideas about the importance of mommies staying home...no matter the cost...

    ReplyDelete