Sunday, November 28, 2010

Shoveling Snow


This morning I woke up and was excited! It had snowed and a substantial amount to boot too! Well when it snows you then have to shovel.

I wonder why I always draw parallels to everything in life, but I started thinking about how life is like shoveling snow. If we don't shovel it piles up and gets harder or less manageable. Sometimes it even ices over and is worse. It's no wonder we read phrases like these in the scriptures:

"What I say unto one I say unto all; pray always lest that wicked one have power in you, and remove you out of your place."-D&C 93:49
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation;" -Helaman 5:12
"And thus we see how great the inequality of man is because of sin and transgression, and the power of the devil, which comes by the cunning plans which he hath devised to ensnare the hearts of men."

Just three examples...Pray Always, Remember, Remember, and And thus we see which are reminders to not let the snow pile up in our lives. When I say snow I am talking about trials or the everyday things we encounter. Are we tackling these things with Christ, prayer, and the scriptures or letting them get worse? Personally I think it is easier to shovel regularly and keep a balance in my life!

1 comment:

  1. You are so right...

    I'm not blogstalking you I promise...just love to hear what ya have to say...

    This week I am going to shovel daily. Pray (learn from you and pray on my knees), read the scriptures, and NOT gossip! :)

    ReplyDelete